Friday, September 27, 2013

R.I.P Koala, Time to Move On

Well, its been a while since I posted anything. One of the main reasons being that ran into one our worst nightmares possible. NO WATER. The birth of our trails was basically started due to our endless water supply that we had from a storage yard up on the hillside. For 5 years we were able to maintain good terms with the owners of the yard to supply us with water. That is until about 4 weeks ago that the owners caped off our only spicket. There is a reason I believe they did this. For one, the baranca where our trails are located is a hangout for every Ventura local. You got bums, tweekers, gangsters, little bratty scooter kids (who think they use dirt scooters), skaters, riders, etc....you get the point. Due to this high foot traffic, many people would go into the storage yard and break into motorhomes/cars as well as steal other valuables. Note this has been going on for years since I was younger and nothing new. In recent years, the owners of the yard started to clean it up by getting peoples property out, especially all the vehicles. This seemed normal and I thought nothing of it. Well, during spring, someone decided to go up to our main spicket to fill up a bong (mind you this was some skater kid that had no business messing our water situation) and proceeded to accidently rupture the line creating a mess in the storage yard. I was told by a friend that the line was exposed because they were going to bury the spicket which made it more vulnerable to breaking. Well, they buried it and we proceeded to use that last spicket left in the yard about 600ft back. This worked until July. The owners took all the property out of the yard and redid fencing to stop intruders. These were my full observations and not the full story why they closed off the yard but I sense this was 100% part of it. After so many years of neglect to this storage yard, I think they had enough dealing with so much liability.  Now some people would say that, "this is not the end of your trails cause you can store water". Well, if you know the baranca as well as I do, you know this is not going to happen. Buying a huge tank/tote would be damaged by all the punk ass people that come though and neglect the place. In addition, I am not trying to spend anymore money after so many years buying tools/hoses being stolen. I think this would be the 13th trail spot I have had taken away so this is nothing new. I spent these 5 years well at koala building something badass. Koala will still be there in the baranca but it will slowly deteriorate without consistent water. But I think its time for a fresh start. Koala is known for just having big hits and I wanted to branch outside of this concept. Thats why my friend Jeremy and I found a new spot that is in woods. So we are back in business. New pics should be coming up. This new spot is 4 times as long as Koala and if you don't know me or Jeremy, you ain't getting in. x-NO DIG NO RIDE -x

These latest photos are the evidence that people are leaving trash, not sweeping/patching/watering and tearing up tarps since that last time I was there a few weeks ago. This is going to only worse as time goes on. Koala has had its phases of being bad time to time, but we always had water to fix everything. Things happen but sometimes you got to except it cause you never know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment